Friday consisted of running between school Valentine parties, and then dealing with the after effects of over-excited, over-sugared kids. Thankfully that combination was pretty conducive to afternoon naps for all of us. I worked Friday night, so I stopped by the store Saturday morning and picked up some Valentine donuts for the fam. It was snowing, so the drive home (or rather the skiing down the Avenues) took a little longer than usual. When I got home Bob was in bed and Addie and Isaac were playing on the top bunk of Isaac's bed. Rather than peals of playful laughter greating me, I heard the screams of sibling rivalry well under way when I came through the door. Thankfully they were hastily put the an end when they saw I had donuts in hand. Then we all sat down together to eat and share some reasons why we love eachother. Adeline's comments were by far my favorite, they went something like this (please imagine this all with the cute lisp that she has):
"I love my mommy. I love her heart in her body. It is so pretty"
"I love my daddy because he's my daddy and my boys, and he loves to go to work."
"I love Isaac because he makes me laugh. He pushes on my belly and I say 'Burrrrrp!' and we laugh!"
Pretty cute!
I slept for about 3 hours until everyone else laid down for a nap, and then I suddenly couldn't sleep anymore. So I took advantage of a quiet house and called my mom to talk. It was time well spent. My awesome hubby also cleaned up the house, bought me chocolates (mmmmm) and a really nice card.
Then we got a babysitter and with with Bob's brother Ben and his wife Lonni to the Utah Youth Symphony performance at the Tabernacle on Temple Square. It was phenomenal. . . and also free! I hope they do this every year. The night ended with take out from Wok Lin (mmmm) and watching The Office on NBC.com. Very romantic. . . I know.
All in all, it was a fabulous day. Hope all of yours was the same!

I love your little girl's comments-so cute! I am happy you had fun at the concert. Maybe if there is one next year I will try and get tickets. Also, I love that you guys watched the office, definitely my kind of romance.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you guys! Addie's comments are melt-your-heart adorable! It's sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteI use www.grocerysmarts.com--you have to enter in a code in the top left it is g84rcm --then you select a store and it gives you the sales add for that store and also tells you what coupons you can use to optimize your savings. I can't believe you already clip coupons and haven't heard of this site. It is amazing. I usually just cut out the coupons from sunday paper. Good Luck, any questions just comment or catch me on facebook.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I like about blogs so far. You can keep track of the cute things your kids say, even if you stink at journal writing....like me
ReplyDelete