Yes, I'm talking about my two adorable kids. Bob is freezing his patushy out there somewhere on a camp out with the scouts tonight, so I have a night with my kids. First, there is Adeline: The eclectic dresser. I thought I'd show you a picture of her outfit tonight (please note that this is probably her sixth outfit of the day). This is also the outfit that she wore to the store tonight (probably more stylish than me in my sweats though). Isaac needed a new backpack and Adeline needed some new pants. Smiths Market has 60% their clearance clothes. So I got a pair of pants for Adeline for $2 and I got Isaac's Transformer backpack for $5. Gotta love it! While we were there, we decided to get treats and watch a movie when we got home. Isaac insisted on having Reese. When I asked why he said "Hello! It's because it has peanut butter in it! You have to know that Isaac could eat PB&J's for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Here is a picture of him thoroughly enjoying his treat.
At the store Isaac wanted to practice his spelling. He told me that "pop" was spelled "P-O-O-P." I felt it was my motherly duty to inform him what "P-O-O-P" really spells. We both had a good laugh over it! Does that make me a bad mom???
When we got home Isaac said we should watch Wall-E, with the disclaimer that he doesn't like the parts with the ship Captain in it. "WHY?" I asked.
"Because he doesn't wear socks." He replied matter-of-factly.
Now most of us would probably miss that detail while watching this movie, but not Isaac. Here's where the sock fetish comes in. Or maybe it's a foot fettish??? Isaac has always been OBSESSED with wearing socks day and night. When he was younger we thought that he just didn't like to have cold feet or that they were really ticklish (which they are). But when he got old enough to articulate he explained that "they just look gross!" He can't stand the sight of feet, especially his own. Who'd have thought???
And that's my kids!

I'm glad he got a new backpack. He was seriously hating that other one!
ReplyDeleteTheir so cute! I never knew about Isaac's sock fetish. He is so funny!
ReplyDeleteSo how did everything go today? I like your blog. I didn't realize you were a painter. I didn't realize you are an amazing painter!
ReplyDeleteIsaac and Addie are so funny! They definitely have individual personalities!
ReplyDelete