
Bob and I went to a screening last night of Ghosts of Girlfriends past. My recommendation: pass. Truthfully, Charles Dickens would be rolling in his grave! I'll admit that it was entertaining and a fun night out, but the movie was very predictable and full of sexual connotations and half naked women. I'm glad that I didn't understand half of those connotations! There were some very funny parts, but they weren't worth all of the perverseness you had to wade through to get to it. Matthew McConaughey played his very typical male chauvinistic performance. On the other hand, Jennifer Garner was very cute and witty and well acted out.
Now here is my review of the movie screening experience.
First of all it is free--- yeah! Bob and I love finding free dates. You do have to come early because seating is first come first serve. We only got there about 20 minutes early, so Bob and I were sitting so close to the screen we both got nauseated vertigo... and very close looks at Matthew McConaughey's nose hairs! The theatre at screenings is always packed, but it makes for interesting people watching. There wasn't a lot of promotional stuff going on at this one, but at previous screenings that we've been to they've had dancers and music and prizes. Also, be prepared for a strip search. These guys put airport security to shame! They could care less if you carry in a bazooka, they just don't want you bringing in a camera. We didn't have any on us, but were still submitted to the wand metal detector search. This was the most shocking part of the whole experience. As I'm being submitted to my dose of humiliation, the security guard stops at my chest- about two inches away- and proceeds to wave the wand back and forth and back and forth, as it beeps annoyingly. I'm looking at the guy like "You're kidding, right?" and Bob is staring at the guy with a murderous glare. Finally he stops and asks with a very serious and professional tone "Underwire?"
I was speechless (and I'm sure bright red), but wanted to say
"Uh, no-I'm smuggling a camcorder in there! You've got to be kidding me!"
Will I go to another screening-- You bet! It's about the only time Bob and I get out to a movie and it's definitely entertaining. If you would like to submit yourself to this kind of bad movie and humiliation check out : http://www.cw30.com/content/goodies/default.aspx
that is where we usually find out where to go to get tickets.

No comments:
Post a Comment