
BOY! We all knew that's what it was-- but it's nice to have solid evidence now. More importantly, everything looked good and healthy on the ultrasound. He was very cooperative through the whole thing. Now I just have 19 more weeks of waiting. I'm definitely going to "live it up" for the next couple of months while I'm actually feeling good again.
So, I do have to share a series of conversations I had with Isaac about the sex of the baby. He was adamant that it would be a boy. He justified that it fit with the pattern (boy, girl, boy, girl). You can tell he's a first grader. Early in the pregnancy, after he saw some of the initial ultrasounds, he asked how we would know if was going to be a boy or a girl. So I explained fairly matter-of-factly:
"Well, in a few more weeks we'll go and get another picture of the baby. If it has a penis, it's a boy. If it doesn't, it's a girl."
Then he concluded on his own: "So,it could be a boy right now, it just hasn't grown it's penis yet?"
"Uh, yep." That's about what it comes down to I guess.
So, today when I reminded him that we were going to get another ultrasound today he asked:
"So, we're going to find out today whether or not it grew a penis yet?"
"Yep"
He was a very happy big brother when he heard the news!

Kristi - I'm very excited for you all! He will be the 6th grandson and 9th grandchild for me and mom. And I'm happy that you are feeling better now. (Now you can finish my picture and you won't get sick from the paint!)
ReplyDeletelove, Dad
How exciting!!! Now the question is, is your baby boy going to have a future good buddy or future girlfriend?!?
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! Congrats to you and your family. Little boys are just great. :D
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteLOL about my cute nephew Isaac!
Very exciting news! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongradulations! That is so fun. Have you thought of any names yet?
ReplyDelete